What’s your 2017 New Year’s resolution? Is it to start the business you’ve always dreamed about? Is it to take control of your career? Or maybe it’s to finally become your own boss. Perhaps these tips for entrepreneurial success that I’ve experienced throughout my career will help you in yours.
10 Tips for Entrepreneurial Success:
1. Solve a problem. If the problem is big and you can find a big solution, you can make a big company out of it.
2. Thoroughly understand the problem and remain focused on making daily progress toward accomplishing the solution.
3. Don’t become discouraged by your mistakes. Acknowledge them, learn from them and move forward.
4. Always do more than you’re doing; stay later, arrive earlier, etc. If you truly want to do it, you’ll do it. Sometimes we limit ourselves. Many of us stop working at 5pm, but there’s another half of a day after 5pm.
5. If you’re not doing what you want to do, go do something else. Do something for money and do something for passion.
6. Even if you don’t own the company, take ownership of your piece of the business.
7. Lead your employees by example. Employees don’t want to be told what to do. If you lead them, they’ll do more than either you or they think they can do.
8. The DNA of a successful entrepreneur is confidence. At many steps along the way you’ll question whether it’s going to work. Fight through every challenge. Your confidence will grow over time. Take small consistent steps and, as you progress, you’ll discover you can accomplish anything.
9. Follow your heart/your passion.
10. There’s never a right time to start a business. First earn your money during your day job and then spend the rest of your life working on something that you’re passionate about.
Do all of this and you won’t regret it!